Yes. Sharing Jesus remains the most significant question…..
“Your role as a Christ follower is simply to be a witness. You don’t have to pound gavels. point fingers and cast blame. All you need to do is tell your story. The beautiful thing about sharing your faith story is that nobody can deny it. No one can argue with your own personal experience. When you share personally, it touches hearts deeply. What is most personal is most universal.
We are not called to push anybody into our way of thinking. Rather, we bear witness to what God has done for us, and then leave the outcome in his hands.
“Evangelism is less about trying to manage an outcome as it is sharing events and offering an advent alternative for what everyone clearly sees” said Leonard Sweet. “Rather than wrestling the sinners prayer out of a person who will say anything to get out of the headlock, it is a nudge toward the undeniable truth that is alive in all of us.”
Like the redeemed beggar, all you need to say is, “One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see.” John 9 v 25
These are a few pointers on sharing a faith story:
1. Pray that God will open doors for you to share
2. When the door opens, have courage to speak
3. Stay humble and never portray an attitude of superiority
4. Keep it simple and brief. Don’t share more than they want to know
5. Tell them what you experienced, rather than what they should do
6. Focus on the message – Jesus, rather than the mess
7. Don’t engage in argument. If they protest what you’re saying, back off and let the Holy Spirit work’
From by Purple Fish, p86-87