…but probably should! 😉
My grammar has never been great…..and I have some new friends who are educating me and establishing verbal betterment in me. Am still working on the ellipses!
Here are some words I’d love to establish….. in general useage. How about?
1. AQUADEXTROUS – adj. Possessing the ability to turn the bath taps, on and off with your toes.
2. CARPERPETUATION – n. The act, when vacuuming, of running over a string or general tat at least a dozen times, reaching over and picking it up, examining it, then putting it back down to give the dyson one more chance. (apologises for product endorsement! Henry’s don’t really work, imho!)
3. DISCONFECT – v. To cleanse / sterilize / renew a piece of sweet something you dropped on the floor by blowing on it, assuming this will somehow “remove” all the germs. A personal favourite, obviously adhering to the five-second rule!
4. ELBONICS – n. The actions of two people maneuvering for one armrest in a train, cinema, airplane….(code-awkard).
5. FRUST –n. The small trickle of debris that refuses to be swept into the dust pan and keeps vexing the inhabitant until he finally decides to give up and sweep it under the rug!
What are some of your favoured made-up words?!
*image from Tristan Campbell